Search Manic Mark's Blog

Sunday, June 5, 2011

Chacksfield Plays The Beatles' Song Book



Chacksfield Plays The Beatles' Song Book
Frank Chacksfield And His Orchestra
Producers: Tony D'Amato and Ray Richardson
Engineer: Arthur Lilley
Design: Framlett, Barsanti & Assoc.
Phase 4 Stereo
London SP 44142
1970

Available from online vendors so I will not be posting a sample. Presented here to share the cover art.

It is still hard for me to believe that London released an easy listening Beatles cover album in 1970.

When I did the original post in 2011, I couldn't get into the concept or sound. However, the set sounds better to me as I listen to it again while I do this 2018 update. After listening to maybe 4,000 mood music albums since that time I guess I have a lot more examples to compare this set to. I'm reminded, once again, how subjective art can be. The Norwegian Wood and The Fool On The Hill arrangements are very good.

Get Back
Michelle
Got To Get You Into My Life
Something
Hey Jude
A Hard Day's Night
Norwegian Wood
Ticket To Ride
The Fool On The Hill
Come Together
Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da


3 comments:

  1. You know how I love these Beatles covers LPs! I'd love to find this!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This LP has a lot of meaning for me...my Grandfather bought me a cassette recorder for x-mas in 1971, and made a recording of a personal message to me, followed by this record (since I was a big Beatles fan.) I still have the original cassette in my safe; I transferred it over to CD about 10 years ago. So it will be nice to finally hear a clean copy of this LP after 40 years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your comment! I would have posted a sample, but this album is available on commercial CD. I don't upload content that can be found by purchase/download.

    ReplyDelete

Howdy! Thanks for leaving your thoughts!